Re: [LAU] Aliki crashes with buffer overflow

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Jan 23 2013 - 19:51:50 EET

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:38:48 +0100, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 07:18:58PM +0200, Stefan Stefanov wrote:
>
>> Aliki always crashes with "buffer overflow" if I try to load a sweep
>> file (just generated with default values) from capture window.
>
> This has been reported before, problem is I can't reproduce the
> problem here, it just works...

If it should be from a package, it might be worth to manually build Aliki.
Regarding to the memtest packages from Ubuntu and Debian my RAM is
completely borked. My machine does run days without doing a shutdown and I
never get errors. If I run memtest, the same version, from different
rescue live Linux medias my RAM is 100% ok. I've seen all kinds of bad
packages for e.g. jack and other apps. If this error should lead to a
dependency, it might be worth to compile the dependency.

2 Cents,
Ralf