Re: [LAU] Sample rate vs. SNR

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Jan 26 2013 - 11:41:44 EET

On Fri, 2013-01-25 at 18:03 -0800, Len Ovens wrote:
> I was surprised at the large number of different
> PAL standards in the link you gave for that.

I'm surprised myself and didn't read the English Wiki.

Btw. all the times I've seen television from former Yugoslavia
countries, at least gypsy television, audio was distorted.

When somebody from a German night show made a joke about Turkish
television, they add distortion to the sound.

I wonder if the engineers in those countries are idiots, or if there
should be a technically reason for the distorted audio signals.

I didn't read this myself either, but while scrolling it seems to be
more exploratory than the Wikis are:
www.deetc.isel.ipl.pt/analisedesinai/sm/downloads/doc/ch08.pdf

NTSC and PAL are for:
"Never The Same Color