Re: [LAU] I really need help with jack

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 27 2013 - 01:47:57 EET

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> jack_metro -b 60
>
> then use qjackctl to connect its output to system:playback_1
>
> your device naming is wrong. you need to use either:
>
> hw:0,1
>
> OR
>
> hw:HDA ATI SB,1
>
> the latter will need quoting when used from a shell

I'm running out of names to try :)

I did

  pasuspender -- jackd -d alsa hw:HDA ATI SB,0
 pasuspender -- jackd -d alsa hw:HDA ATI SB,1
 pasuspender -- jackd -d alsa hw:HDA ATI SB,2
 pasuspender -- jackd -d alsa hw:HDA ATI SB,3

And all give the same result. No audio. The metronome produces the
same deafing silence.

Pulse, which does work, tells me (from pavucontrol) that I'm using
"Digital Stereo Duplex (ICE958) for output.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob@email-addr-hidden