Re: [LAU] USB2 Audio, PreSonus Audiobox 1818VSL -- was: Sound Devices USBPre2, UAC2 status

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2013 - 23:15:43 EET

On Tue, January 29, 2013 12:47 pm, Kees van Veen wrote:
>>> I have not yet had any need for recording mixed analog+digital sessions
>>> but I've done some S/Pdif capturing and tested ADAT.
>> What sort of latency can you get down to?
> Hi,
>
> I've only used the 8 analog inputs together with Mixbus on ubuntu 12.04
> lowlatency kernel. I could get to 128/3 (48k) in qjackctl and one time
> 64/3 without xruns, but I think that was the ppa rt kernel, can't
> remember. I've only used the Presonus with all 8 inputs active once,
> normally I have 2 to 4 active.

How do you keep inputs (or outputs) from being active? It seems to me,
that if you can see the input in jack, that jack is streaming audio from
it even if it is all zeros (or at least servicing the port at the same
interval as any other port). So if you can see the adat and s/pdif inputs
all the time, then jack is working just as hard as if you have 18 active
inputs.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net