Re: [LAU] sfz convert / tools

From: chickeneps <garth@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 30 2013 - 19:53:22 EET

Regarding Translator and writing SFZ files, we would appreciate it if there
are any issues, we would be contacted. We are very happy to address any
issues but cannot if we aren't notified. I do not show any reports nor
contacs from Brent Busby nor Nicola Pandini. I have privately contacted both
parties and hopefully we can get things working for them.

Please remember that most issues are local and not global. Translator has
about 50,000 users and most AFAIK are very happy with it. We sell about 2 a
day.

Nicola, those opcodes you eliminated are all not written anymore, but
changing them to tune and volume etc. may not be accurate. Use the latest
version of Translator to get results that don't include those opcodes.

Regarding tune and transpose, we read and convert both. "transpose" is
actually coarse tune, SFZ misnames it, and we often merge it into rootkey
(what SFZ calls pitch_keycenter). Most samplers don't include a coarse tune
parameter and it is bad form and programming to use large values for coarse
tune.

Regarding filter, EQ (we actually don't convert this so I don't know what
you are referring to) and tune issues, PLEASE contact us. We have no
intention of creating issues so just contact us and such things are easily
addressed. Complaining on a public form really doesn't do anyone any good. I
have emailed you so you have somewhere to reply to us.

Brent Busby, please contact us as well, and I have emailed you too.