Re: [LAU] OSC howto

From: Bill Gribble <grib@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2013 - 21:25:29 EET

From a developer's perspective, I found liblo to be a good wrapper
around OSC. Here's a snip from the liblo README:

-----------------------

liblo is a lightweight library that provides an easy to use implementation of
the OSC protocol. For more information about the OSC protocol, please see:

- http://www.cnmat.berkeley.edu/OpenSoundControl/
- http://www.opensoundcontrol.org/

The official liblo homepage is here:

- http://liblo.sourceforge.net/

I do most of my development in Python, but I found the "pyliblo"
bindings for liblo to be Good Enough (tm) to get my app responding to
and generating OSC. I did have to make a small patch or two which I
haven't submitted back upstream; if you are using the Python bindings
let me know and I'll point you to my changes.

It was quite a nice feeling to click "Learn", wiggle a fader on my
iphone TouchOSC app, and watch the fader in my Linux app start to move!

Thanks,
Bill Gribble