Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 08 2013 - 09:38:45 EET

On 02/06/2013 10:24 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_room_design
>>
>> So clean room design begins with reverse-engineering the original. Sounds
>> like it violates the VST license terms, since they expressly forbid
>> reverse-engineering ...
>
> I do realize that I sound pig-headed, but a license is an agreement.
> If you didn't sign one, how can you possibly violate the terms?
>
> "3. The Licensee has no permission to sell, licence, give-away and/or
> distribute the Licensed Software Developer Kit or parts of it in any
> way, on any medium, including the Internet, to any other person,
> including sub-licensors of the Licensee or companies where the
> Licensee has any involvement. This includes re-working this
> specification, or reverse-engineering any products based upon this
> specification."
>
> The Licensee, Dave, is someone who has been granted a licence.

Using something without agreeing to the terms (licence) under which the
provider of that something offers it is theft. "Of course I can steal
and use your $50000 software: I never agreed to your license!" "Of
course I can steal and use your car: I never agreed that it's yours!"

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden