Re: [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Feb 09 2013 - 08:46:58 EET

On Fri, 2013-02-08 at 16:17 -0500, shane richards wrote:
> 4. And now to the biggest gripe. On my laptop, I decided to create a
> login for my partner so she could quickly check her mail without me
> having to unblock facebook etc. When I finally got her to log in, the
> DEFAULT BACKGROUND WALLPAPER HAD A HENTAI CHICK IN A SUBSERVIENCE
> POSE. WTF!? Partner not amused. Are all the distro people 15 year old
> losers?

Arts and sexuality are interconnected. A lot of those young (and old)
_girls_ and boys are very gifted in drawing and they are also far away
of being social losers. Such a default wallpaper IMO is more pleasant
than Michelangelo Buonarroti's "divine" nudity. Manga and porn are
trendy. Trends tend to become a pain in the neck after a while, but we
easily can change a wallpaper. That most popular drawn arts tend to
reduce human live to 24/7 SM indeed is weak, but OTOH "a few years ago"
they painted transfigured nudity for ridiculous biblical motives, that
was much more worse than a "chick in a subservience pose".

IMO a wallpaper doesn't have impact to Linux audio, but the trend
regarding to flashy DEs has got a bad influence. Assumed you kept your
hardware, newer kernels etc. are ok on your machine, the changes for the
DEs anyway will break the workflow. I suspect that most Linux audio
users today are using Xfce, Lxde, Fluxbox etc., but they are missing
some comfort provided by KDE and GNOME.

Regards,
Ralf