[LAU] jackdbus eating 100% cpu after a while

From: Florian Paul Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 09 2013 - 11:48:36 EET

Hi,

I was a long term jackd1 user and my first action on a new linux
installation (mostly using Ubuntu) was normally to remove pulseaudio as
it was badly configured and/or buggy. Things have changed and I really
started to like PA for everyday stuff. And then jackdbus came along
which together with the device reservation API and the jackd sinks
promised to make using these two things together more easy. This mostly
works fine, except for the device reservation bug in PA which is easy to
work around though:

- Make sure no audio process is actively using the soundcard you want
jackd to use
- Run pulseaudio -k
- Run jack_control start

I have noticed some issues with jackdbus though:

a] jack_control start sometimes doesn't work at all after the first time
it failed to aquire the device. A killall -9 jackdbus is in order to
restore it

b] after some hours of operation jackdbus starts to eat 100% cpu on two
of my four cores.

Are these known issues? I use Ubuntu 12.10 and jackd:

fps@email-addr-hidden 12:08:21 .../Games/Xonotic/ $ jackd -v
jackdmp 1.9.9
[...]

How to diagnose the 100% cpu thing more closely? The
~.log/jack/jackdbus.log shows nothing suspicious.

Thanks and regards,
Flo

--
Florian Paul Schmidt