Re: [LAU] [Fwd: Re: Fuck your sexism]

From: Luke Peterson <luke.peterson@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 10 2013 - 23:01:22 EET

+1 to Bill ... but bringing this back to the linux-audio-sucks
conversation: choosing a default UI that makes some people uncomfortable is
usually poor UI design.

In some places here in the US it is cute and kitschy to put sacks of salted
roasted peanuts around your tavern and let people drop the empty shells on
the floor. It makes the wood floor shiny and keeps the customers thirsty.
But it also serves to exclude the population subset with a peanut allergy.

Did you intend to exclude people who find pin-up girls uncomfortable from
your user group? If not, design principles of usability and accessibility
dictate you should probably change your default behavior.

To me, this is the same as fixing a default palette that is unusable to
those who are colorblind.

-----
Luke Peterson
- sent via mobile device -