[LAU] recording again over a normal track on Ardour

From: Federico Bruni <fedelogy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 23:36:38 EET

Hi all

I've just recorded two tracks on Ardour and I have recorded again two
parts of a (normal) track. I've not created a new track, I recorded it
over the first recording.
I don't know what's the best way to do this...

Anyway, it worked fine except for few seconds at the beginning, where I
can hear both recordings together. The area is highlighted in yellow and
has two lines crossing.
How can I remove the old recording and keep only the last one?
And why it happened?

Thanks in advance

--
Federico