Re: [LAU] mixing advice/assistance needed

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 23:45:38 EET

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> So how do I deal with such material ? Is an exciter useful in this
> scenario ? Or ... ?

I've no experience here, but some gentle (& not so gentle) EQ-ing makes the
listening experience quite a bit better here.
This link shows my settings for the 8 band eq from the calf plugins. No
other processing done..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8n7flw5ucz8741j/calf_eq_whiter_shade_of_pale.png

Toggling parametric III in the middle will take lots of the very highs out.
Makes it feel "cleaner" to me, but I don't think
it suits this song, so I de-activated it. I'm sure you've done some EQing
like this yourself with similar results.
I'm in the mood to play with some plugins though :) -H