Re: [LAU] Some new Bach

From: Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2013 - 18:34:37 EET

On 02/13/2013 03:09 AM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Dan!
> Thanks. Glad you mentioned the portamento, because that brings me
> onto one of the brilliant features of the Oddysey, that I used
> extensively over all the time I was there. It's duophonic. It has two
> oscillators and if you only play one note, it sounds like your average
> monophonic synth. But if you play two notes, the oscillators are
> split. So brilliant, because with one other mono synth - and there was
> a choice :-) - I could play full chords, moving melodies from one
> instrument to another, wile doing so.
> Sorry for the hardware rambling, but it was the only time, I ever
> came across such a feature.
> Warm regards
> Julien

You would LOVE working with an original Oberheim.

--
---
My bands, CD projects, music, news, and pictures:

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]