Re: [LAU] Ubuntu-Studio 13.04 Nvidia drivers?

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2013 - 04:23:00 EET

On Wed, February 13, 2013 5:54 pm, John Murphy wrote:

> That's what I would have expected. Possibly the 'studio' parts are
> causing the problem then (in that I probably don't have the right
> linux-headers or something similar).

Studio is xubuntu with extra apps. The kernel is the same as the generic
kernel (used for all the other buntus) with one different parameter for
lowlatency. I think you can even take the generic kernel and add the param
at boot time. I could be wrong, we did try that at one time... just pre
12.04 ish so the generic may have changed, zequence in the #ubuntustudio
IRC channel should know what the differences are these days. An easy test
though is just to install the generic kernel on top of studio. You would
then be able to boot either one.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net