Re: [LAU] 32 vs 64 bit distro?

From: Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2013 - 17:34:59 EET

On Thursday 14 February 2013 10:33:51 Ralf Mardorf did opine:

> On Thu, 2013-02-14 at 04:10 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > I have a Canon printer that runs on my 32 bit desktop
> > > Ive not yet got it running on my new 64 bit laptop
> > > [Note: Canon supplies 32 and 64 bit rpms but only 32 bit debs]
> >
> > "alien" should fix that.
>
> Last time I used alien to get some up to date lightscribe stuff it
> didn't work, so I'm using one outdated lightscribe app.

Sounds like alien needs some tlc. I wonder if the author is aware of that?

Cheers, Gene

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Did it ever occur to you that fat chance and slim chance mean the same
thing?
Or that we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...