Re: [LAU] a question on Lenovo laptop

From: Ken Dawson <dawsonwu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 15 2013 - 22:10:14 EET

Hi,

My son has a T430, and a headphone set with a built-in microphone. This
uses the 4-connector 1/8-inch jack. I believe that he uses it for
teleconferencing, listening and speaking. I think that is at least one
of the use-cases intended for the combo jack. He runs Fedora18. You
might ask a Lenovo representative if this is the way the plug should
work. They sold the T430 to him with SuSE installed on it, so they
should not be too offended if you ask about Linux support. You are a
prospective sales opportunity to them, after all.

/ken