Re: [LAU] (very) Basic help to get 1010LT card going (mudita24 ?)

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 16 2013 - 02:03:13 EET

On Fri, February 15, 2013 3:48 pm, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I now see that I was spoiled by using Fedora and CCRMA. Everything
> worked. jackd (qjackctl) Ardour, playing any audio file (with vlc for
> instance). I have now switched to Linux Mint (KDE version, 64-bit,
> Nadia) and nothing works.
>
> I get the 1010LT card using lspci:
>
> 05:01.0 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies Inc. ICE1712
> [Envy24] PCI Multi-Channel I/O Controller (rev 02)
>
> So that's a good sign.
>
> But then I start mudita24 and everything single vu meter is flanked
> with the '(off)' mention. When I play an audio file using vlc, no
> vu-meter is moving. What's wrong ? I'm not even comtemplating using
> jack and Ardour at this point, just getting basic sound working.

Do you have the analog levels turned up (the ice1712 driver seems to
default to lowest level in pulseaudio)? Also remember that your ice1712
might be hw:1 and not hw:0 if you also have an internal audio IF. In
pavucontrol (assuming pulseaudio is the default audio server) you need to
select you d1010 as the default output or turn the internal audio right
off. So if pavucontrol shows audio going to the d1010, look at mudita in
the aualog tab and turn up at least DAC 1 and DAC 2 (ADC1 and 2 for
recording).

> /usr/bin/pulseaudio is running. Is this the culprit ?
>
> Thanks for any advice and suggestion, it's greatly appreciated !

If you don't have jack going pulse is probably needed.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net