Re: [LAU] Audiophile 24/96 volume weirdness

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 17 2013 - 19:43:57 EET

On Sat, February 16, 2013 12:13 pm, Q wrote:
> On 16/02/13 18:56, Len Ovens wrote:

>> with no param added. You would have to restart mudita every time I
>> think... probably stop mudita before removing the module and restart
>> after
>

> I don't know if it counts for anything, but the card shows up correctly
> as M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 in Qjackctl.
>
> When I tried modprobe -r it said "FATAL: Module snd_ice1712 is in use"
> but adding with the model type worked fine. I didn't have Mudita running
> whilst doing either of these.

In use because pulse would have been running and other snd- drivers rely
on it too. When you say worked fine, does that mean s/pdif i/o works fine?

> I found the alsa-base.conf file, but I wouldn't know what to start
> fiddling with. There's no mention in there of snd_ice1712 though, dunno
> whether that's indicative of anything.

That means snd_ice1712 auto loads on detection. I am not fluent in messing
with this file either, but I think you can use it to specify options. I
am wondering if the driver loads too soon if it works on reload. In the
alsa-base.conf file there are a number of options lines I think you would
just add a line like:
options snd-ice1712 model=audiophile

I also add one for my internal audio IF with an index=-2 so it loads last
and my ice1712 is always hw:0

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net