Re: [LAU] Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 18 2013 - 19:24:53 EET

2013/2/15 Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>:
> List,
>
> I've created a Wiki page with my findings of using real-time, low-latency
> audio on the RPi: http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/raspberrypi

Great wiki!

> It's not complete and the RPi needs some more hacking to squeeze out the
> last bits of processing power that can be dedicated to things like samplers,
> synths, effects and guitar amp emulators.
> Thought I'd share the link, saw some questions regarding the RPi pass by the
> last few months. To show off what the RPi is capable of:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XKaRe_MEA&webm=1 (if you still use Flash
> remove '&webm=1')

Cool stuff!

Though it's too bad a USB soundcard is needed to get audio in... A
less resource intensive audio solution would be nice.
I know there are extension boards available for the RPi with i2c AD
converters but probably no easy way of integrating with Jack.
Or does anyone know of any other solution?

Regards,
Robert