Re: [LAU] light weight, full featured desktop for audio

From: Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 20 2013 - 16:13:11 EET

2013/2/20 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>:
> Perhaps there are, maybe there aren't, but tiled WMs anyway are useless for
> a serious audio production GUI workflow, you even don't need a WM, simply
> use X only, if you like to break a sane workflow.

that's your questionable opinion with some garbage
first of all tiled WMs (like awesome) can be used in serious audio
production as you can/cannot use tiling
the sane workflow is the one which fits to the user, ie there are no rules

eg. you can have ardour on desk1, ardour mixer on desk2, hydrogen on
3, muse on 4, HW mixer on 5... and switch from one to another with two
fingers <meta> + arrows

even on a desk with several apps you can move from one to another with
no mouse at all

> At the moment I build a minimal install, that seriously can be used for a
> common audio workflow and for this install I keep Xfce4.
>
> There's a difference between a minimal install that makes sense and a geek
> contest, to get something that is lightweight, but useless for serious GUI
> audio work.

...what you call "geek contest" is simply a keyboard shortcut

--
L'unica speranza di catarsi, ammesso che ne esista una, resta affidata
all'istinto di ribellione, alla rivolta non isterilita in progetti,