Re: [LAU] light weight, full featured desktop for audio

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 20 2013 - 19:06:05 EET

El miércoles, 20 de febrero de 2013, Raffaele Morelli escribió:

> 2013/2/20 Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden <javascript:;>>
> >
> > With all the talk about minimal DE installs, and reading about the
> > problems with different kernels and video cards... and what things cause
> > xruns. I thought of a solution that may work well.
> >
> > Here is my minimal DE through the eyes of ps:
> >

> About minimal/light DE, I would suggest the use of awesome
> http://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> regards
> -r

I also tested some light tiling window managers (dwm, larswm...) to
minimize even more needed resources. The concept is good if you work with
your hands on the (qwerty) keyboard and you want less mouse action, but
there's an important learning curve and it is tricky to move inside them
when you want to be just music-thinking and not tech-wm-thinking.
And you have to configure some of them just by text config files or even
with some programming/scripting language, so it takes a lot of time to
config to your needs.

--
Carlos sanchiavedraz
* Musix GNU+Linux