Re: [LAU] light weight, full featured desktop for audio

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 22 2013 - 03:24:42 EET

On Thu, February 21, 2013 3:47 pm, William Light wrote:
> on Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 09:12:39AM -0500, Brett McCoy wrote:

>> So you have to recompile every time you want to tweak settings?

I've used software like that before... but it was generally something I
whipped up for my own use. My settings were all that mattered. Looking at
the dwm page, I would say that it fits the same profile, made for the
author, if it happens to work for someone else fine, if someone wants
something close they are free to change it.

> dwm has both idiosyncrasies and a learning curve, but so too do most
> "expert" pieces of software. vim and emacs are the canonical examples,

I never did get anywhere with those two. Ed and Vi mostly, though I think
I have forgotten most of it. I found joe and used it ever after... it's
still my main CLI text ed.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net