Re: [LAU] Audio distros

From: Gene Heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 23 2013 - 19:38:19 EET

On Saturday 23 February 2013 12:33:28 Len Ovens did opine:

> On Sat, February 23, 2013 12:38 am, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 07:11:44PM -1000, david wrote:
> >> K3B takes the power approach: You want the power, you got the power.
> >> Here's hoping you know how to use it! ;-)
> >
> > Imagine the state vi/vim would be in if it was decided being user
> > friendly was more important than features!
>
> vi was user friendly when it was developed... when memory was tight and
> more than one variable would get stored per byte, when a non-volatile
> drive was 1/4 meg. Oh, and of coarse look at the users it was being
> friendly to.

Hey, I resemble that remark. :) The editor I use on the color computer has
had several names over the years, vi being the first one. Then somebody
made a window device called vi, and I had to rename it vim. Vim it isn't,
but it still works fine. And I still use vim on these linux boxes about
half the time, but gedit is gradually taking over for writing gcode to run
a milling machine or lathe.

Cheers, Gene

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
* Simunye is on a oc3->oc12
<daem0n> simmy: bite me. :)
<Simunye> daemon: okay :)
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...