Re: [LAU] Two exact same drumpads, different USB ID's

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 03 2013 - 17:51:18 EET

On Sun, March 3, 2013 4:26 am, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I got two cheap drumpads here that are _exactly_ the same, also on the
> inside (PCB's have the same revision ID):
> http://dx.com/p/portable-roll-up-usb-drum-kit-118841
> But they get recognized differently, one as an USB MIDI device and the
> other as an USB HID device. And when it gets recognized as a HID device
> it's pretty useless because I can't hook it up easily to software that
> accepts MIDI input.

Dumb question :) I am not sure from the original post, but are these
outputs from plugging only one unit in at a time, or booting with both
plugged in? That is if there is only one unit plugged in, does the bad
unit then work, or is the bad unit always bad? If so, with the bad unit
plugged in, is it possible to manually load the correct kernel modules and
have them recognize it?

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net