Re: [LAU] Issues with JACK

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 03 2013 - 18:01:26 EET

On Sun, March 3, 2013 6:29 am, Gabbe Nord wrote:
> Hello Jeremy, and thank you so much for your reply!
>
> I disabled SpeedStep in BIOS, and it helped a little, thanks!

Also hyperthreading? if you have only one cpu you may have to disable cpu1
in the boot command line if the bios doesn't allow this.

> Here's my
> interrupts:
>
> zth@email-addr-hidden:~$ cat /proc/interrupts
> CPU0 CPU1 CPU2 CPU3
> 0: 43 0 1 1 IO-APIC-edge timer
> 1: 3 0 0 0 IO-APIC-edge i8042
> 8: 1 0 0 0 IO-APIC-edge rtc0
> 9: 0 0 0 0 IO-APIC-fasteoi acpi
> 12: 4 0 0 0 IO-APIC-edge i8042
> 23: 412535 22606 20 25 IO-APIC-fasteoi
> ehci_hcd:usb1, ehci_hcd:usb2

This is not great, both USB are on the same irq. do you use a USB mouse or
KB? That could cause problems. If you have the plugs for mouse and KB use
them even if you need adapters. Some bios let you tell the bios not to set
irqs for the USB or video. That might help as Linux seems to be a bit more
inteligent at doing it. In the end usb1 and usb2 may be hardwired to the
same irq. That probably means you can only use one of them.

Laptop or desktop? in either case a USB card may help.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net