Re: [LAU] Muse2 2.1.1 for Arch

From: Ross Hamblin <rosscoad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 11 2013 - 02:11:20 EET

On 11/03/13 09:38, jonetsu@teksavvy.com wrote:
> Le 10-03-2013 16:25, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
>
>> Does anybody know how to fix a PKGBUILD or what ever needs a fix, to
>> build muse2 2.1.1?
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/muse2/ see comment by Ralf_Mardorf
>> 2013-03-10 20:16.
>
> Hello, how's Arch for audio apps ? Are most of the apps installable
> from their Arch repo ? Do they have a good choice ?

In my experience Arch is excellent for audio work, many audio apps are
available via packaging and others can be installed via AUR. As long as
you are comfortable setting up your own system (with the help of
Archlinux's excellent wiki where necessary) Arch works fine. The rolling
release means access to up to date versions of most audio apps. I find
Arch works as well, if not better, with systemd, and I have found the
mail lists are very helpful when required as long as you do your do your
homework before posting. Ralf forgot to mention that the mail lists were
moderated reluctantly because the SNR had got so bad.

Ross.