Re: [LAU] multimedia content

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 13 2013 - 14:29:08 EET

On Wed, March 13, 2013 11:01 pm, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> Some examples from my work...
>
> youtube.com/atleechurch
>
> Look for 'First Up' all dialog editing, SFX, and final mix done in Ardour
> or Mixbus. There are likely more than a few interviews etc on that page
> you would have to find with a similar story. Obviously I have worked
> there
> for several years now so who knwos what is there, we started using that
> channel regularly sometime after I got there.
>
> http://www.holycrop.org

Is that a horse racing site or a farming blog ;-)

I've grabbed the playlist link. Thanks.

> Similar story.
>
> All the video editing for these were done on FCP (Either 7/Studio or X)
> for
> reasons I laid out quite clearly in the thread on Lightworks. These are
> just samples, I have other stuff but no copyright clearance to release it,
> which I suspect you may find a not uncommon situation for many people
> working professionally doing audio or video editing for clients.
>
> You can also look on Handturkey Studios, run by Jason Van Gumster for
> examples he has done which are done with a mix of FCP and Blender/FLOSS,
> depending on the project. Out of there you will find this...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCsMeNZ9bjs&feature=player_embedded
>
> Which the audio (Dialog Editing, SFX, and Final Mix) was done by me again
> on Ardour or Mixbus, don't remember which. I have a matching radio spot
> for them somewhere as well.
>
> And of course you have the kickstarter video from Tube with a similar
> story, and the SFX for the teaser we did some time back as well.
>
> One of these days I will get around to making a demo reel. This doesn't
> even touch on things I have done for my theatrical designs.
>
> And there should be no shortage of material out there from demo reels and
> otherwise from Blender Artists, etc.

There are demo reels from Blender people but not many straight up
art/music/video projects. There are very few music related multimedia
projects online particularly from people round here. Most of them are
tutorials or screencasts (around 90%).

> Seablade
>

> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM, Patrick Shirkey
> <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for original multimedia content produced with FLOSS
>> software.
>>
>> It can be promotional material, video, documentary, movie, film, TV
>> footage, etc...
>>

>> --
>> Patrick Shirkey
>> Boost Hardware Ltd