Re: [LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demolinux

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Mar 13 2013 - 14:35:38 EET

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Ralf Mardorf <info.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
Subject: Re: [LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:16:41 +0100

On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 07:48 -0400, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> There really aren't several options for professional AV editing, if by
> professional you mean AV editing in need of more advanced workflows.

We had this discussion several times. You're right and somewhere in the
LAU and/or LAD archive are a lot of explanations.

We don't have free as in speech professional NL video E. Period. We
can't blame anybody for that, since it's very time consuming to program
this software. Free video editing software used by professional studios
isn't for NLE and even for animations we don't have professional lip
sync apps and it's beyond my knowledge, I suspect color calibration and
other things like that aren't free either.

Somebody might have a professional studio to make commercials for the
local TV station using Linux FLOSS NLE, but for sure nobody ever made an
excellent cut, for a 80 minutes action film using such software.

Perhaps we should avoid the word professional and instead talk about
"averaged/usual professional workflows" instead.

--
http://sacom.hk/mission