Re: [LAU] Sending audio out and back into JACK

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Mar 16 2013 - 00:08:45 EET

On Fri, 2013-03-15 at 16:06 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I'm doing loop in for revberb. It does work for reverb, because the
> reverb starts with delay, so I only need to reduce the delay for the 19"
> gear by the latency of the PC hardware.

As Fons pointed out in a later mail, what I'm talking about is:
"If it is a reverb and does not include the dry sound then the delay
won't matter".

Reverbs usually can mix with the dry signal, IMO it's odd to do it.

Latency will become an issue for e.g. pitch shifting. There are good
reasons to use an external reverb, but I can't see a reason for e.g.
using an external pitch shifter.