Re: [LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

From: Simon Wise <simonzwise@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 16 2013 - 16:03:23 EET

On 16/03/13 21:09, Paul Davis wrote:

> as one of my very insightful small business friends likes to say "under
> capitalism all food tends to fat, sugar and salt".
>
> these are the taste experiences we crave and enjoy

If you eat huge amounts of salt and sugar then you crave more of it, if you
don't you don't (well, I guess it varies quite a bit between different people
and it isn't quite as simple as that!). But if you don't eat that stuff then try
it again some time later it tastes like the over-salted over-sweetened otherwise
tasteless pap that it is. At least that's how it tastes to me, and I look around
at people who pile salt and sugar onto their plates even when the food is very
tasty already ... and they always want more of it. Just a very rough survey
though, maybe the rest of the world is very differently put together.

But that stuff is very cheap to make in bulk, and provokes these cravings ... so
it is rather profitable to sell. Interesting food sells well too, though on a
much smaller scale and quite a bit pricier (often). Like Linux in the computer
world ... it is more for those genuinely interested in food rather than just
filling up to get through the day.

Simon