Re: [LAU] VLC Bug?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Mar 17 2013 - 01:10:04 EET

On Sat, 2013-03-16 at 23:48 +0100, David Adler wrote:
> Same distribution, same vlc-version, no clipping (checked with jkmeter).

IIUC jkmeter isn't a dBFS meter. Or can you set a switch to use it as
dBFS meter?

> Tools -> Preferences -> Audio -> Replay Gain mode.
> That one should probably be set to the default 'none'.

It is.

On Sat, 2013-03-16 at 18:47 -0400, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> I have seen this as well, and thus keep my VLC player lower on my
> machine.

Than it's seemingly a "consumer device feature", aka bug.

It's not a serious issue for me, it's just that I prefer not to have a
chain of unneeded controls, so I try to set controls for media players
to behave neutral. In the past I used media players that claimed to
bypass an EQ, but there still was equalisation.

Regards,
Ralf