Re: [LAU] LightWorks for Linux Demo

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Mar 18 2013 - 17:09:17 EET

On Mon, 2013-03-18 at 10:03 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Its been said that the universe has unlimited quantities of both
> hydrogen and stupidity. But I think hydrogen may not be unlimited.

The universe can transform what's given to hydrogen with less energy, at
least with less energy, than is needed to transform matter to e.g. gold.
From my own experiences I can say, that it's at least easier for me to
do something stupid, than to be wise and as Paul already pointed out,
your comment wasn't a masterpiece either :p. So the saying might not
only about what already does exist, but it is perhaps about how easy it
is to make hydrogen and stupidity.

> Louigi, your presence on this list is normally both educational, and
> to the point, and I'm sure is appreciated by all here, I know I do.

And he easy could solve the pseudo-issue for himself.

For inexperienced computer users and most users are inexperienced, it's
hard to configure simple things, it doesn't matter if they use Windows
or Linux with or without a GUI.

I set up Windows 8 for a friend. Sure, first I asked to install Linux. I
don't have any knowledge about Windows 8, but it already was installed
and self-explaining for everybody with a little bit of knowledge about
computers. No googling was needed, just a phone call, to get some magic
numbers from Microsoft and the data provided by the ISP.

An averaged user is a user is a user is a user and not an admin.

--
Oskar Sala - Elektronische Impressionen Nr. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJoRIlb6kTs