Re: [LAU] Autologin to locked desktop was: Re: LightWorks for Linux Demo

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Mar 18 2013 - 17:20:28 EET

On Mon, 2013-03-18 at 10:37 -0400, drew Roberts wrote:
> Perhaps what would be nice for some is to autologin a particular user and go
> straight to a locked desktop with a screensaver.
>
> Does anyone know how to do this or the equivalent?

By not using a display manager for login, but by starting Xfce
by .xinitrc directly or what needs to be used to start it + screensaver,
e.g. gdmflexiserver or xscreensaver-command -lock or similar, I won't
make inquires now, but there for sure is a way to do it.

--
Oskar Sala - Elektronische Impressionen Nr. 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJoRIlb6kTs