Re: [LAU] State of Linux - was - LightWorks for Linux Demo

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 20 2013 - 17:29:31 EET

On Wed, March 20, 2013 8:07 am, Len Ovens wrote:

> Speaking of which. Where is ALSA at? Where is firewire support? or
> bluetooth support? If there is one area I would like to see more
> developers that would be it. Jack supports more than ALSA with FW and
> pulse (much as it is hated) supports BT audio that alsa doesn't.

If there is one place I would like to see those who spend money on Linux
coders put money into this would be it. I think the HW manufactures might
be willing to talk to people who are in a business over a "hobbyist". If
Harrison (for example) went to any of the Audio Interface makers and said
we would like your IF to work with our product, that would get more
response than an alsa developer who only talks through email or some user
saying "why don't you have a linux driver?"

What has happened instead? Pulse has BT support directly. The money/dev
time has skipped alsa. What can we as musicians do to help here?

PS is Harrison going to release a Mixbus based on A3? They have dropped
the MB2 prices, but no coming soon messages.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net