Re: [LAU] 'Modular' midi controller for keyboard

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Mar 21 2013 - 18:08:28 EET

On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 16:58 +0100, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> it would be nice if I could route my midi masterkeybd via the
> controller to the computer (midi in / midi out / midi thru (?)

For what reason will you add MIDI thru latency to the keyboard output?

Keyboard -> controller -> computer?

In this case the controller anyway wouldn't directly control the
keyboard, just the computer, but you would get MIDI thru latency.

I own a KORG nanoKONTROL old version and it can be used with an USB
extension cable. Ok, then there are two instead of one cable from your
keyboard to the computer, simply use zipties to bundle the two cables, I
don't think it will cause issues.

2 Cents,
Ralf