Re: [LAU] 'Modular' midi controller for keyboard

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 22 2013 - 21:09:36 EET

On 03/22/2013 04:03 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 03/22/2013 03:59 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>> Nanokontrol > usb hub (powered) > usb to midi > soundcard / midisport,
>> that would be a solution right?
>
> Haven't tried it but I don't think a USB MIDI cable can convert data
> coming from an USB MIDI device.

Ok thx for info guys. To me it seems that the nanokontrol is not the
ideal choice atm. All though there're options to get it working:
http://www.thomann.de/nl/cme_widix8.htm

I might stick with my bcr2000 also from my master keybd (all though the
thing is big). I might need a nice stand for the bcr2000 and for my
laptop too.

This thing seems close to ideal at first sight:
http://www.cme-pro.com/products-list/product-Bitstream3X.html

I just need some more money. The CME things looks good in general. I
like the cleanness of the Z series for example, no bad knobs, good keys
(afaik) and features you don't need or are better bought as module imo.

Best,
\r