Re: [LAU] 'Modular' midi controller for keyboard

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Mar 22 2013 - 21:36:04 EET

On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 20:09 +0100, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> http://www.thomann.de/nl/cme_widix8.htm

Did you make enquiries? (This) Wireless MIDI is ok?

> http://www.cme-pro.com/products-list/product-Bitstream3X.html

Since my Yamaha vector synthesis synth doesn't work properly anymore I
was thinking to buy the Bitstream too, but I can't, since it does cost
375,00 € :(. I don't know if it's good or bad, but at least recording a
joystick is a very nice feature. The Yamaha TG33 can do this too, the
basic sounds are total crap, but once mixed with the recorded joystick
movements, the crappy sounds become amazing. The Yamaha synth does mix
four sound sources, one joystick movement is for mixing the volume of
the 4 sound sources and a second joystick movement is for mixing fine
pitch of the four sound sources. You've got 2 low quality samples and 2
low quality FM synthesis only mixed by volume and pitch, but the result
is an amazing sound. It should be possible to get this with Linux synth
too when using the Bitstream. Should be ideal for your kind of music :).
I'm interested in a review, once you own and used it.