Re: [LAU] Trying to run jackd from udev

From: Raphaël BOLLEN <raphael.bollen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 23 2013 - 15:42:48 EET

On 03/22/2013 11:51 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> I'm trying to run jackd from a script that is triggered by udev. But when I try to do so jackd
> complains:
>
> jackd 0.122.0
> JACK is running in realtime mode, but you are not allowed to use realtime scheduling.

Hi Jeremy,

I've had the same error message and issue trying to start an application using jack form an init.d
script at boot time. It seems that start-stop-daemon does not impose PAM ("Pluggable Authentication
Module") limits to the process it starts. Maybe you are facing a similar issue with udev. My
solution was to autologin the user and then start the application.

Cheers

--
Raphaël.