Re: [LAU] HOWTO create a simple youtube video for musical purposes

From: Chris Bannister <cbannister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 29 2013 - 05:09:08 EET

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 04:40:56PM -0600, Jason Jones wrote:
> I use KDEnLive, create a "title" track whose duration is long enough to
> cover the entire song, and then import the wav file (or mp3... not sure if
> it does mp3 or not), and then export, and you're done. Hope that steers
> you in the right direction, anyway.

  docbook-xsl ffmpeg kate-data katepart kde-runtime kde-runtime-data
  kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-data kdelibs5-plugins kdenlive
  kdenlive-data kdoctools liba52-0.7.4 libattica0 libavc1394-0
  libcddb2 libclucene0ldbl libcrystalhd3 libdbusmenu-qt2
  libdirac-decoder0 libdlrestrictions1 libdv4 libdvbpsi7 libebml3
  libenchant1c2a libexiv2-12 libfam0 libilmbase6 libiodbc2
  libiso9660-8 libkate1 libkatepartinterfaces4 libkcmutils4
  libkde3support4 libkdeclarative5 libkdecore5 libkdesu5 libkdeui5
  libkdewebkit5 libkdnssd4 libkemoticons4 libkfile4 libkhtml5
  libkidletime4 libkio5 libkjsapi4 libkjsembed4 libkmediaplayer4
  libknewstuff3-4 libknotifyconfig4 libkntlm4 libkparts4
  libkpty4 libkrosscore4 libkrossui4 libktexteditor4
  libmatroska5
  libmhash2 libmlt++3 libmlt-data libmlt5 libmpeg2-4
  libmtp-common libmtp9 libnepomuk4 libnepomukquery4a
  libnepomukutils4
  libnl-route-3-200 libntrack-qt4-1 libntrack0 libopenexr6
  libphonon4 libplasma3 libpolkit-qt-1-1 libproxy0
  libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libqca2 libqjson0
  libqt4-declarative libqt4-designer libqt4-opengl
  libqt4-qt3support libqt4-script
  libqt4-sql libqt4-svg libqt4-xmlpatterns
  libquicktime2 libraptor2-0 librasqal3 librdf0
  libshout3 libsolid4 libsoprano4
  libspeexdsp1 libssh-4 libstreamanalyzer0
  libstreams0 libthreadweaver4 libtwolame0 libupnp6
  libv4l-0 libv4lconvert0
  libvcdinfo0 libvlc5 libvlccore5 libyajl2
  libzvbi-common libzvbi0 melt
  ntrack-module-libnl-0 oxygen-icon-theme phonon
  phonon-backend-vlc
  plasma-scriptengine-javascript
  shared-desktop-ontologies soprano-daemon
  vlc-data vlc-nox xdg-utils
0 upgraded, 119 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 88.2 MB of archives.
After this operation, 235 MB of additional disk space will be used.

OUCH!!

There must be an easier way, just to accomplish the OP's task.

I'd look at what youtube requires, then maybe using ffmpeg or avconv?
or create it as a DVD file using devede, then, use handbrake to encode it?

These are just suggestions, if the OP is already using KDE, then maybe
it may be easier just to install kdenlive, ... but it seems lke
overkill.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X