Re: [LAU] HOWTO create a simple youtube video for musical purposes

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 29 2013 - 06:06:47 EET

On Fri, March 29, 2013 9:40 am, Jason Jones wrote:
> I use KDEnLive, create a "title" track whose duration is long enough to
> cover the entire song, and then import the wav file (or mp3... not sure if
> it does mp3 or not), and then export, and you're done. Hope that steers
> you in the right direction, anyway.

On the commandline you can use ffmpeg to replicate an image file for the
duration of the video and then join the audio and video tracks together.

If you want to use a graphical editor kdenlive is probably the fastest way
to get started but you might also look at openmovieeditor, cinelerra and
blender depending on your preference for learning new tools.

Youtube also provides some editing tools on the admin section of the site.
You might be able to use those too.

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM, <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have a musical piece of some 4 minutes, recorded in Ardour and
>> currently
>> saved as an ogg file. I would like to make it Youtube compatible in the
>> most simplest way. Like in having one single picture being shown while
>> the
>> music plays. Not even two or three, just one. And the music. That
>> would
>> be the video. The picture is one I've taken, and is of ridiculously
>> large
>> format which I can resize using Image Magick.
>>
>> How can such a video be created ? I have no idea how to do that.
>> Hopefully this thread could also be useful to others.
>>
>> Much thanks in advance ! Cheers.
>>

>> NP: "The Foundation" - Thievery Corporation

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd