Re: [LAU] What is the best MP3 encoder?

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 29 2013 - 11:49:06 EET

On 03/29/2013 08:27 AM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> On 29/03/13 3:05 AM, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

> In fact, I'd honestly be surprised if you really are hearing a
> difference, or hearing the differences you think you're hearing. Doing a
> proper ABX test, using a tool like Squishyball, could be very
> instructive here -- you might find that you have a lot more trouble
> picking the difference between the MP3 and the WAV than you think you
> would.

Never underestimate other peoples ears. This subtle differences are IE.
often the thing that makes esses annoying or not and I have sometimes
recived negative feedback about it. Mixing is often to be near the
borders and it's easy to do it wrong.

I'm not complaining about LAME here, I'm saying that I have to improve
my mixes, that's my conclusion and I have no problem with that. Even
when this problems are seldom, that doesn’t mean that I should not try
to improve.

Jostein