Re: [LAU] Realtime Privilege, WAS:Re: OT: what is happening with RT kernel development?

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 30 2013 - 23:36:11 EET

Le 30-03-2013 17:27, Kaj Ailomaa a écrit :

> On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 22:24:04 +0100, <jonetsu@teksavvy.com> wrote:
>
>> Le 30-03-2013 17:18, Kaj Ailomaa a écrit :
>>
>>> To make things easier, if you suspect a problem with the config
>>> file,
>>> just delete it. Next time you start qjackctl, a new one with
>>> default
>>> settings will appear.
>>
>> Does not work. Deleted the config file and none is recreated.
>> qjackctl is jammed (no pun !) at drawing the window. Drats. And it
>> was so close have a working setup. qjackctl doe snto seem to have
>> any debug option to see what's going on, and it does not log to
>> syslog. So no idea what is wrong with this.
>>

> There's also ~/.jackdrc, all though, I doubt it has anything to do
> with draing the qjackctl windoe.

I removed that file too but it did not help.

> Did you ever try restarting your session? It sounds to me there's
> something else going on, rather than corrupted config files.

I rebooted and now it works OK. I've entered the name correctly this
time, and restarted qjackctl w/o any problem. I guess some temp file
was saved somewhere that a reboot has deleted.

Thanks for the info and help - much appreciated. Now instead of having
qjackctl jammed at start up, *I* can jam :-)