Re: [LAU] price vs. sound - was - What is the best MP3 encoder?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Apr 03 2013 - 02:04:04 EEST

On Tue, 2013-04-02 at 21:58 +0200, Tim Goetze wrote:
> familiarity

Good point. I prefer my own < 1000 EUR guitars to other low cost
guitars, because I'm accustomed to play them, but because I'm not making
music that often nowadays, I noticed that playing a guitar > 1000 EUR is
easier to do, than playing my own guitars. IMO fingerboards, resp. the
complete neck of more expensive guitars is better, often the guitars are
better balanced, have better cutaways etc. pp., just the mechanics of
old guitars often is less good. Sustain should be ok for < 1000 EUR
e. guitars too, but sometimes new guitars (also the expensive new ones)
don't sound like old electric guitars. I don't claim that new guitars do
sound less good, I like some of the new guitars, but they do not sound
like old guitars.

However, IMO expensive guitars are better to play, sometimes even the
position of the pots is better for expensive guitars and for sure an
acoustic guitar with a good sound, that has clean octaves etc. always is
expensive.

Of course, I'm talking about 2000 to 3000 EUR and not about 15000
EUR ;).