Re: [LAU] One or two HD's for audio work

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 05 2013 - 01:25:44 EEST

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Grekim Jennings
<grekimj@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> What's the latest consensus? Is it recommended to have a separate drive
> for audio on a Linux system? Separate partition? I'm just wondering about
> performance, not practical issues like moving audio around or reinstalling
> the system, etc. As we know there are Mac/PC DAW's that need things
> separate. Thanks.

Yes, OS on one drive, audio on a separate dedicated drive is best for
performance (and if you are using a sampler, the samples should be on
their own dedicated drive, if possible). Pretty standard practice for
audio or video workstation, regardless of OS.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com