Re: [LAU] ABX test invite

From: Peder Hedlund <peder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 05 2013 - 15:43:16 EEST

Quoting Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>:

> Remember the 80s pop synth sound you have in that is right where
> things like MP3s were developed aiming at, mainstream pop music, and right
> in the right timeframe as well for mp3. This is why my live recording of
> acoustic pop makes it so obvious on the v6 setting, as it has these
> components, not a large amount, but some.

AFAIK MP3 was developed to make Tom's Diner by Suzan Vega sound OK :)

As seen in my test results the non-transparency in V6 (aka 124 kbps)
was pretty obvious. It might very well be equally obvious using your
live recording (please post 10s of it somewhere and I'll check it out)
but since this particular snippet of Axel F fails for me with V6, I
doubt it's an "easy to encode" file.

- Peder