Re: [LAU] Definition of "sound quality"

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 06 2013 - 15:22:23 EEST

Le 05-04-2013 22:32, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :

> Many people nowadays aren't aware how to make sound transparent even
> with cheap analog home recording gear, but it's possible. We even
> don't
> need a compressor, many things a compressor does, can be done by EQs.

I wonder how much this transparency you hint at in the mixing stage can
support silence in music. More or less recently I discovered one very
nice thing in music that I make: silence. Not the technical silence,
but the silence that can be heard when music is playing. I do not have
any other word than 'silence' for now, but it is like space between
atoms. Or briefly in the air when jumping. The succession of these
moments in music that creates a parallel stream of 'silence' that is
highly communicative. I wonder if at the mixing stage, what you
describe can actually help in creating this 'silence'. Do you have a
practical example of what you describe ?