Re: [LAU] Ardour: does not create in specified directory

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Apr 07 2013 - 02:04:57 EEST

On Sat, 2013-04-06 at 18:18 -0400, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> !!! WARNING !!! - Your system seems to use frequency scaling. This
> can have a serious impact on audio latency. For best results turn it
> off, e.g. by chosing the 'performance' governor.

If you should start your audio sessions by scripts, you e.g. could add

if [ "$(grep -v performance /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor)" ]; then
  echo -n performance | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_governor >/dev/null
fi

this is independent of the tool used by your distro, so no wrapper or
other trick is needed, if you run your session on another machine. I
first check, if it's already set up to performance, because I use sudo
with a password and I won't type the password all the times I restart a
session, while the governor already is set up to performance.