Re: [LAU] M-Audio Delta 1010lt SPDIF Clock Source

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 14 2013 - 18:30:23 EEST

On Sun, April 14, 2013 1:06 am, Christoph Kuhr wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a iLoked VST plugin, that I want to insert in my audio chain.
> In my Linux machine I am using a M-Audio Delta 1010lt in my Windows7
> machine it is a M-Audio Audiophile 2496.
> I use the SPDIF interface with ALSA and ASIO at 64 frames, 2 periods @
> 48k.
>
> The Win machine synchronizes to the SPDIF and I get audio from Linux
> into Win.
> The Win machine outputs the audio signal according to the Delta software.
> But Mudita24 is not getting input signal.
>
> If I change the clock source of the Linux machine to SPDIF IN and the
> windows machine to internal, I have an SPDIF IN , but no SPDIF OUT
> signal in the Linux machine.
>
> Apparently the problem is that the M-Audio Delta 1010lt cannot sync the
> SPDIF IN and OUT to the same internal clock.
> Does anyone know, if and how I could change that?

That doesn't sound right... But, I don't have the HW to test it out here.
Is your s/pdif set to consumer or professional? If consumer, and
copyrighted is selected and 1st generation is also selected. You should
probably get no output.

I would want to use the 1010 as the master clock to keep jitter of the
other 8 port as low as possible. I would set spdif to professional in
mudita24 and the 2496 to external clock. The 2496 should auto set to
professional as well, though I don't know if the output will follow and I
don't know the windows setup program at all either :) so if you can set
the windows side to professional as well do so.

If that doesn't work... I think netjack is available for windows.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net