Re: [LAU] Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 15 2013 - 11:14:18 EEST

2013/4/15 Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>:
> On 04/14/2013 05:15 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, April 14, 2013 5:58 am, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>>
>>> Using a Raspberry Pi as a virtual guitar amplifier: MIDI and effects
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzemdS4s8kk&webm=1
>>

>> Cools stuff. Just as a comment:
>> R-Pi $35
>> audio port $?
>> controller $?
>>

> Thanks Len,
>
> I've also got a Behringer UCG102, which is about $30. You can also get
> clones of this device which are half the price. Got one but it arrived in a
> non-working state (that's the risk of ordering directly in China). I bought
> the floorboard second hand for about $50, I know that's too much but on the
> other hand, Boss FC-50's are almost vintage ;) I think mine is over 20 years
> old.
>

>> Though making an enclosure and buying the switches (that can handle being
>> stomped) would probably cost as much as a premade controller anyway. Are
>> you going to add any other controls? (pots or other programing kinds of
>> things) or just use presets?
>

> I bought some cheap switches and I've got some broken things lying around
> and my ultimate goal would be to make a simple USB-MIDI footswitch with some
> extra knobs to adjust parameters. But that will be a long term project (two
> kids, solderingironophobia).
>

> I am guessing that for stage use presets
>>
>> would work better, though a volume control with a foot board could do Wah
>> (or other variable effects) as well as just volume.
>

> True, I've never used wah or volume pedals myself so I'm not that much
> interested in such effects.
>

>> Is that a Dan Armstrong? Or does someone else make clear (and very heavy)
>> body guitars?
>>

> Answered this in another mail. In addition, there are some manufacturers
> that use PMMA/acrylic/lucite/perspex bodies. The most well-known at the
> moment is ECG (Electrical Guitar Company). They have two lucite signature
> models with aluminum necks (how awesome is that), the Brent Hinds (Mastodon)
> Custom and one of the coolest contemporary guitars, the King Buzzo (Melvins)
> Standard:
> http://www.electricalguitarcompany.com/index.php/model/King-Buzzo-Standard/fuseaction/models.77d7eb47.htm
>
> Jeremy

Hello again.

I've done some testing with Raspbian following the great wiki
mentioned at the begining fo this thread[1].

After some configuration (overcloking (just Modest mode at 800MHz, run
optimization script... but no Jack for the moment) I tried to connect
an UA25EX (UA25 newer version) but It failed the first time, it
rebooted itself, and then it kept rebooting all the time. It corrupted
the 2GB SD, now I cannot even format and start all over again (the
system doesn't recognize or mount it).

I think Jeremy and someone else have an UA25, did something like this
happened to you?

I've been using my RPi with Raspbian and RasBMC (this I think it has
800MHz configured by default) for some time now, and all went ok and
never corrupted the SD card even having several reboots in this time.

(Maybe I'll have to buy another SD card and try that 8GB image made
for Pure Data)

Regards.

[1] http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/raspberrypi

--