Re: [LAU] Raspberry Pi and real-time, low-latency audio

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 15 2013 - 11:22:03 EEST

On 04/15/2013 10:14 AM, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> I've done some testing with Raspbian following the great wiki
> mentioned at the begining fo this thread[1].
>
> After some configuration (overcloking (just Modest mode at 800MHz, run
> optimization script... but no Jack for the moment) I tried to connect
> an UA25EX (UA25 newer version) but It failed the first time, it
> rebooted itself, and then it kept rebooting all the time.

Hello Carlos,

Seems like the UA-25EX is drawing too much current. What kind of power
supply are you using?

  It corrupted
> the 2GB SD, now I cannot even format and start all over again (the
> system doesn't recognize or mount it).
>
> I think Jeremy and someone else have an UA25, did something like this
> happened to you?

Yes, that's why I'm now using a powered USB hub and I plug the UA-25
into the hub. The hub has a 5V/3.7A power supply. In my case I also
experienced SD corruption when using a GPU frequency higher than 250.

Regards,

Jeremy